Today’s prompt: A song you like from the 1970’s. Really? That’s not a prompt, that’s a library or bibliography. I mean seriously, I was in HIGH SCHOOL and a young adult in the 1970’s. I graduated high school, got married, got divorced, got married again, and had a child, moved over 1,000 miles 4 times. It was a busy decade and, let’s be honest, the music was awesome! Asking me to pick a song is like, … well I don’t know what it’s like but it’s nigh impossible. Continue reading “Make a Joyful Noise – Day 13”
Fandango’s Provocative Question for this week “Is it better to know or is it better to not know?”
Wowza, there’s a thesis in the making. Once again I have to take my octagon stance and say “both.” Why? It depends on what it is you’re going to know or not know. Continue reading “Fandango’s Provocative Question # 4”
As some of you may know, I’m a self-taught student of the art or writing. As such, I have a list of “assignments” or writing styles to experiment with and learn about. This is my take on the following assignment:
“Write an article for a magazine, including pictures if appropriate. You have been given 500 words and up to 10 photos as your limits.” Continue reading “Wide Eyed Wanderings – Fushimi Inari-taisha”
I have had a rather disappointing day. Visit with Dr. this morning did NOT go as I wanted and I’m filled with questions and frustrations. So, to snap myself out of my rather maudlin frame of mind, I thought I’d answer some of Teresa’s questions from the haunted wordsmith
- Do you prefer to type, write with a pen, or write with a pencil?
- If you had to stay up all night, what is one thing that would keep you awake?
- Kermit the Frog – Muppets or Sesame Street (versions)?
- If you died in ancient Egypt, would your heart be lighter than a feather?
- Mythology: Greek, Norse, Roman, or another culture?
- What sport would you watch in person but never on television?
- If you had a tag line for your life, what would it be?
- How do you like your chicken (besides cooked)?
- If your kitchen could talk, would it have a horror story?
- If you could spend one day with any actor/actress where would you go and what would you do?
- What is your favorite museum to visit?
- What is the most exotic place you would like to see?
- Eco travel – would you be caught zip lining through the Amazon, sleeping in an ice cave in the North, or volunteering in the Galapagos?
- What is your favorite flower?
- Do you like your birthstone? (If no, which month do you like better?)
- You struck gold, but it’s not your mine…what do you do?
- Would you have survived the Oregon Trail?
Continue reading “Let’s play 20 questions. OK how about 17.”
My contribution to Share Your World brought to us by Melanie over at Sparks from a combustible mind.
What are the most important lesson(s) you’ve learned in life? Continue reading “Share Your World 12/3/18”
“I have climbed the red mountains, and beheld all the beauty my poor heart can bear.” ~JP Pearlman
Till next time ~Peace ~JPP
In response to Fandango’s Provocative Question # 3
“Is morality objective or is it subjective? If you believe it’s objective, what is its source? If you believe it’s subjective, how do you know whose concept of morality is correct?”
OK, wow. I mean WOW. Now THAT’s provocative.
Easy answer: subjective and dunno. Continue reading “FPQ # 3 – Morality – Objective or Subjective?”