Now first off, I love all types of witchery but by far my favorite is Kitchen Witchery. Secondly, it’s flipping cold and windy in mid-October and soups and teas are just my thing right now.
When recipes drive you up a wall
and make you want to shout
here’s a little kitchen spell
you should never be without
Grab a pillow from the couch
and find some place to slam it
and as you whack it’s stuffing out
yell ‘DAMMIT! DAMMIT! DAMMIT!’
Or … you can always resort to fail safe – midnight margaritas
1 box Troll Sweat (32 oz chicken broth)
1/2 chopped Cyclops eye (medium onion)
1 Tbs crumbled grasshopper legs (chicken bouillion granules (or 2 small cubes)
1 Griffin breast (large bone-in chicken breast)
2 large Gargoyle toes (carrots)
3 Mummy fingers (celery stalks)
1 Cup Newt Eyes (ditalini pasta or pearl couscous)
2 handfuls swamp weed (fresh baby spinach)
1 handful lizard bones (stick pretzels)
several drops wicked fairy blood (green food coloring)
1. Add chicken broth, onion, and bouillon to a large pot.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Add chicken breast, reduce to simmer.
4. Cook until chicken is cooked through, 30 to 60 minutes.
5. Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool.
6. Add 4 – 5 cups of water to the broth and bring to boil
7. Add carrots, celery, and pasta.
8. Boil for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
9. Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until pasta is fully cooked.
stirring frequently to keep pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
10. The broth will soak into the pasta.
11. Add spinach and stir into soup.
12. Add green food coloring a few drops at a time until the desired coloring is reached.
13. Add more water if a soupier soup is desired.
14. top each bowl with a few pretzels
Witches Brew tea (meditation tea)
6 tsp black tea (I like Irish Breakfast)
2 tsp chamomile buds
1 tsp rose hips
3 tsp lavender buds
2 tsp mint leaves
mix all herbs together and keep in air tight container. Use 1 tsp per cup of boiling water steep for 4-5 minutes
Til next time ~Peace ~JPP