The (slightly modified) rules:
1 – Thank the person who nominated you, and add a link to their blog.
2 – Add the logo of the award to your post and a link to the creator of this blog award –The Global Aussie: The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2019
3 – Write a paragraph about what motivates you in life (not just in blogging).
4 – Answer the 5 questions given to you.
5 – Nominate 2 – 6 blogs that you feel would enjoy receiving the award.
6 – Create 5 questions for your nominees.
Thanks to Pensitivity101 for the nomination
What motivates me?
Coffee. Oh, you wanted something a little deeper? More profound? OK, how about … Life. I know it’s kind of cliche but I love life, even more than I love coffee. I love writing about life, about imagining other lives. I love the snow and the wind and the sun and the little birdies. All of life, the good and the bad are fodder for the artist. I’ve been close to death a number of times. I’m talking “tunnel of light” close and one thing I know, even in the times I’ve been filled with despair or ravaged by grief, just to be alive is a grand thing.
1. If you could be a World Leader (living or dead), who would it be and why?
Pass, you could not GIVE me any of their jobs. No thank you! The very term “leader” causes my hair to fall out and my heart to jerk around for several beats. The leader of anything involves waaaaay more dealing with people than I am inclined or willing to do.
2. You have the choice of
a) living on your own island,
b) the house of your dreams in the country, or
c) a luxury penthouse apartment in the city.
Which would you choose?
Island, did I mention I’m not much for people? Plus I love the ocean.
3. If you could turn back the clock and change something in your life, how far back would you go and what would it be?
Not a thing. Life has unfolded just as it needed to and I adore the woman I have become. Which is a good thing because I went through a hell of a lot of crap becoming her. 😉
4. You hate your life and due to a technical glitch, you suddenly find yourself rich and famous with a new identity. What would be the first thing you’d do?
First, seek serious psychiatric counseling to find out why I hated my life so much because hey man, life is cool *insert very best Zaphod smile here*. Second set up a trust fund to help other people in circumstances similar to the ones that made me hate my life so much and third; buy the previously mentioned island and live hide there. I did mention that I’m not overly fond of people.
5. You’ve been asked to form a new pop group. From today’s artists, who would you choose for your lead singer and who else for backing vocals?
Lead singer: Adele, because, c’mon, that voice!
backing vocals: Zac Brown of Zac Brown Band, great voice, Brandon Flowers of The Killers because every group needs eye candy and, Justin Timberlake, yeah, yeah I know …. but face it da’ boy got pipes!
Now for my questions:
- What is your favorite place to travel to (whether you’ve actually been there or not) and why?
- You need a night in to just chill. What’s your go to movie/tv series?
- Would you rather always be overdressed, or always underdressed?
- Would you rather be a rich and famous muggle or an average wizard?
- If you could pass on only one of your attributes to your children what would it be?
OK, two to six blogs to pester, uh tag, uh nominate.
When I’m nominated for awards I answer the questions posed to me and write questions of my own if requested. I don’t nominate others. It’s time consuming, I can never remember who does awards and who doesn’t and I have a dreadful fear of leaving someone out or *heaven forbid* offending someone. So, feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions and consider yourself nominated because, let’s face it … YOU ROCK!
Til next time ~Peace ~JPP