Melanie over at Sparks from a Combustible Mind offers up some insightful questions this week. I don’t do the Share Your World all the time because, like Kristian, I want this blog to be more about my writing than about me but hey, sometimes Melanie’s questions are just irresistible.
1. Are you thin or thick skinned? Are you easily offended or tend to let it just roll off your back like a duck does with water?
2. How important are morals in a healthy society? What are the most important morals for citizens to have? (Credit to Rory for this question)
3. What will your epitaph be?
4. (I don’t admire either/or questions much, which is why you won’t see ‘em often. Today is an exception) French toast, pancakes or waffles?
- What were you grateful for this past week?
1 – I’m pretty thick skinned. As a Highly Sensitive Person (yeah, it’s a real thing) I’m extremely sensitive to a thousand tiny signs of body language, voice tones, facial expressions, air movements, pollen counts (OK, shutting up now). I have worked really hard to developing psychic shields that allow me to just “overlook” or “ignore” irritating, offensive words, actions, air currents, bird poop (that’s a story for another post) by realizing the some people are just self absorbed a**hats. Sometimes it makes me seem oblivious but when you come right down to it, life boils down to two things, doing what you gotta do to get through the day and; it’s not about me.
2 – Morals are extremely important. They are what separates us from the other animals. That being said, morals also differ from region to region, and person to person. That’s OK with me, morals are important, morals all being the same, not so much.
3 – “A Whole Lot of Magic and a Little Bit Tragic I Had a Good Life All the Way.
4 – Scone. If I’m going to indulge in that kind of carb count, I want a lovely, crumbly scone, preferably with butter and a bit of all fruit jam.
5 – That I have a great medical team, waiting for me at home just as soon as I get there. My snowbirding medical fiasco continues. ;-p
There you have it, have a great day everybody.
Til next time ~Peace ~JPP