I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger award by the infamous *Dr. Strange* I mean Kristian, thank you, Dr. Strange/Kristian.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.” –Okoto Enigma
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and include a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link to their blog as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. Nominate 10-20 people.
7. Notify your nominees.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, specifying one weird/funny question.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
3 Things about me:
- I studied belly dancing and danced with a troupe until a foot injury sidelined me. I still dance for exercise but not for performance.
- My favorite cheese is goat milk farmers cheese, freshly made and salty.
- I “lived off the land” for more than a year.
Now for Kristian’s questions:
- Name something you like to see in a book, that makes you want to read further.
A mood setting opening sentence, and a strong female character, even if she’s a villian and a really good cover doesn’t hurt.
2. What would make you want to stop reading a book?
I can’t recall the last time I didn’t finish a book. I wanted to stop reading “Girl with the dragon tattoo” I mean I really wanted to stop. I had flashback issues from PTSD, but I could not put it down! I don’t read horror much but gore for the shock value or action scenes that go on too long do not entice me to continue.
3. If they produced the story of your life, what genre would it be?
Fantasy Crime Drama. Drama because that’s what it was once filled with. Crime because I’ve been a victim of it far more than I care to admit. Fantasy because that’s what it became, I’m living the “happily ever after” and plus nobody would believe it was real.
4. If you could have a plane ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What advice would you like to give to your ten-year-old self?
“Boys have cooties stay away from them!” Seriously though, I would say “It’s OK to be smart and it’s OK if people know it. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. *psssst that hyper sensitivity they keep telling you to get rid of, hold on to it, it will serve you well someday.”
When I’m nominated for awards I answer the questions posed to me and write questions of my own if requested. I don’t nominate others. I can never remember who does awards and who doesn’t and I have a dreadful fear of leaving someone out. So, feel free to join in the fun with your own answers to any or all of the questions and consider yourself nominated because, let’s face it … YOU ROCK!
- With all the digital technology around, do you think “art” as in unmodified undigitized painting is becoming obsolete?
- Internet libraries and on-line self publishing have given us nearly limitless access to books by all types and qualities of writers. Do you see this as a good thing?
- Do you have a stack of books that you’re currently reading? What’s in your stack?
- Do you watch movies in the same genre as you write?
- When you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last? *yeah that’s the silly one*
A link to my best blog post, well one of my favorites anyway – The Joy in the Journey
Til next time ~Peace ~JPP