I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award a couple of times recently and, honestly, while I am honored beyond belief; I’ve been so busy traveling that I kind of put them on the back burner. I’m going to combine both nominations into one post for my own convenience and nobody else’s and hope nobody’s offended. Here we go:
2018 is upon us and it’s time to start the new year-round of the official rules of the Liebster Award 2018 to give other blogs exposure to the internet. If you are returning, I’ve updated this article to include new questions and images for you to use in your own blog posts. Each year I read every single entry and pick the blog with the most unique and creative questions. The winning blog wins a prize. Each blog gets one entry. To enter you must:
Link to this blog post in your Liebster Award blog post
Answer the questions given to you (if nominated, if you were not nominated you can use my questions)
Create more questions for your nominees to answer (I’m looking for unique and creative ones)
Comment on this blog post with a link DIRECTLY to your Liebster award. To make it easy for me to read them all.
The GUIDELINES for the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Display the award on your post (There are less flowery images available in google image search)
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blogging
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions given to you
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
- Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
- List the rules and inform your nominees of the award
- If you want your blog to be read and considered by the award’s Official Rules page, leave a comment there with a link to your post. (link is in the first paragraph)
Why am I passionate about blogging? Well, I can’t NOT write, so after many, many years of scribbling in spiral note books, “posting” stuff on my own hard drive, etc. I finally overcame my fear and started Wide Eyed Wanderer. You see, writing is not a hobby, it’s not a past time, it’s not a creative enterprise. For me it’s a pathological need to give voice to the characters in my head. You know, the ones who run around screaming like a up two-year-old on espresso “notice me, notice me noticemenoticemenoticeme!!!!!” It’s the only way to shut them up. 😉
10 random facts about myself:
- On the MBTI scale, I am an INFJ. Textbook, want to know more about my personality, go look it up, it’s all there.
- I have an only child.
- I hate pictures of myself.
- I’m a bit of a coffee snob. I’m picky about my beans, where they come from and how they’re roasted.
- I am a voracious reader.
- I practice yoga on a daily basis.
- I drive a stick shift.
- I have two prosthetic knees.
- I can run a 10 key calculator by touch.
- Although I love animals, I have no pets as they do not fit in with the very active travel life I enjoy.
Questions from Harley:
- What is your favorite or strangest dessert?
Favorite is a dark chocolate lavender truffle with a double shot decaf espresso. Strangest was probably green tea ice cream in Kyoto Japan (not quite what I expected), or possibly the “squid ink ice cream” in St. George, Utah (don’t ask it’s not as bad as it sounds but still, ewwww) 😦
- What do you think relationships will look like 80 years from now? Will they have evolved/devolved as much as they have in the last 80 years?
I think they’ll continue on their present course. People will still fall in love, fall out of love. Narcissistic a**hats will continue to be jerks and people of both genders will continue to have their hearts broken. That’s just life. What I do see changing is the legalization of relationships. It’s become more a matter of “law” than a matter of “spirit” over the years and that is what I’m hoping will change.
- What is your favorite fantasy race and why? (Elf, dragon, vampire, etc..)
Oooohhh, that’s a good one. Can I say all of them? I do love dragons and dragon lore, but good dragon lore, like “Dragonriders of Pern” and less like “Dragonslayer” evil blood thirsty dragons. If I could be any fantasy race, I’d be an elf. Beauty, grace, wisdom, and some kick butt fighting skills. Who could ask for more?
- What is your favorite thing to write about?
Fantasy short stories with twisted characters.
- It is said that we all have a dark side, how would you describe yours?
Pitch black but in a loveable kind of way (Shoot them, you know … politely). Mostly, it comes out in my characters. The scary ones who are everything I’m not … but could be.
- To dance or not to dance?
Oh, dance, absolutely!
- What is your favorite fashion style? Whether you actually wear it or not.
Boho Hippie, and yes I do. Let ’em stare. 😉
- Describe your life in less than 10 words
“Lots of magic, slightly tragic; did not go as planned.”
- What is something that makes your heart melt.
Gentle men. Some times the kindness I see in my sweet hubby can move me to tears. The memory of my father’s huge hands holding a newborn kitten while bottle feeding it. That kind of gentle man.
- Where do you find inspiration?
Everywhere. I know it sounds cliche but it’s true. The smallest detail or biggest event of life are all fodder for my abstracted mind.
- Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
Yep! And I stepped on his toes! buahahah 😉
Questions from Melanie B Cee
- Do you like bubble gum? As a flavor or as a sticky treat? Or is it an annoyance?
Sticky treat. I used to LOVE bubble gum for it’s cool popability. I once blew a bubble so big that when it burst, it got stuck in my hair. OUCH!
- What’s the best advice you ever got?
Until my early 40’s I was militantly independent (and single). A dear friend told me “you know every time a man does something nice for you, you don’t have to spend 30 minutes telling why he doesn’t have to. Just smile and say ‘thank you’.” Changed my life.
- Dress up or casual if invited out?
I really want to say “duh casual” but it kind of depends on your definition of casual. If it involves a long skirt, scarves, hats and lots of jewelry is it casual or dress up? I tend to go with what’s comfortable. I seldom wear long skirts any more because it’s hard to climb into an RV in them but I do “dress up” with lots of jewelry, scarves, hats, etc.
- What’s a time when you really stretched yourself; either physically or mentally?
Hmmmm, how about every time I get out of bed? Five years ago on a trip to the UK, Superhubs and I walked the “long route” from our hotel in Amesbury to Stonehenge. It was fabulous through the landscape and past many cool sites we would never have seen otherwise. It was also nearly 10 miles round trip (this was before the new knees). Mentally, the marriage puzzle aka the “12 marbles puzzle.” See this link for the particulars Marbles puzzle Yes I solved it, yes on my own, yes it made me marriage material. 😉
5. Do you have any trophies?
Yes. Oddly enough I have three in Forensic Speaking. I know weird for an introvert huh.
6. How would you decorate your dream home?
Well, that’s hard to say since you don’t really decorate motorhomes too much. I’d say “eclectic minimalist with wheels.” I like nothing in our home that is not functional and generally pleasing to the eye. I like lots of open spaces (I HATE clutter) so that’s where the minimalist comes in. And yeah, it’s gotta have wheels.
7. What are three things you’d take with you if you could only take three?It depends, are we talking take with me when I die or take with me to a deserted island? To a deserted island: 1) Superhubs 2) solar powered tablet with millions of books 3) coffee, lots and lots of coffee.
With me when I die? My memories they’re too much a part of who I am to be left behind.
8. Is the printed word really dead?
No. As much as I love the internet and my tablet e-books, nothing quite equals the feel of a book in your hand. The power of the printed word is (IMHO) unparalleled in this world.
Whew! Now, my questions:
- Do you know your MBTI classification? Do you feel it’s accurate?
- If you could live in an alternate reality world (e.g. Middle Earth, Pern, Westeros) where would it be?
- In that world, what roll would you play?
- Do you have a preferred genre for reading or writing? What is it?
- Are you more of a thinker or a feeler?
- Carnivore or vegetarian?
- Do you have a tatoo story?
- What is your go to “pick me up” (i.e., caffeine, music, earthing)?
Here are my nominations. As a reminder, this is absolutely optional, if you don’t have time or feel inclined to play along, please don’t feel any pressure to do so. If you’re not on this list and you’d like to play along, please feel free to join in.
Again, I get time crunches (look how long this has taken me). Can’t do it? No worries.
Till next time ~JPP